Wanted to make healthy pancakes for my family and this is a great alternative to that boxed stuff!
- 1 cup wheat flour(atta)
- Jaggery syrup (use 100% organic jaggery) - if you don't have I use Date Honey!
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
1. Mix together flour and jaggery or date honey to taste.
3. Add fennel seeds to the mixture.
4. Add sufficient water to get the proper consistency.
5. It can also keep it overnight if you want to make in the breakfast.
6. Spread a a very thin layer of batter to get the pancake shape. (note: let the ghee and pan get VERY hot before putting the batter in or it will soak it up and remain "wet" rather than creating a nice crust)
7. Cook both sides well.
Wheat Pancake is ready
Tastes great when served with kheer.
This Ayurvedic version does not use baking powder.
Whole wheat has a good balance of carbohydrates protein and dietary fiber.
Jaggery is a natural sweetener and is rich in iron content. Babies up to 1 year have increased incidence of anemia and by adding jaggery to food items can help combat anemia.