These tiny little energy balls pack a serious punch!
Had such an amazing time leading the Intro To Ayurveda workshop at the Birchwood Center in Nyack! Thank you again to all who made it out.
I'm so happy to hear that many of those who attended enjoyed my home made energy balls (a good teacher always ends glass with something sweet!)
Made with dates, raisins, cranberries , walnuts, almonds - all organic and ground in food processor then rolled into balls and dipped in coconut.
All you need is one - Contains amazing nutrients and checks hunger in between meals and yes it gives you energy.
A wonderful substitute to those packaged bars! As promised - here's the recipe. Enjoy!
Yield: about 10-12 balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raisins (I used figs)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (without alcohol)
- 1/4 cup dried fine coconut
1. In a bowl, soak the dried fruit in boiling hot water for about 10 minutes. Wash and drain well. Please do non soak longer because the fruit will become too watery and change the consistency of the Energy Balls.
2. In a food processor, blend the dried fruit and the vanilla extract to a smooth paste. Set aside in a large bowl.
3. Again in the food processor, separately grind the almonds, then walnuts to a fine meal. Add to the bowl of dried fruit.
4. Mix really well-using your hands makes it easier. Make balls (no bigger than 1-inch) and roll them in the dried coconut.